Note: the following information is for the SIC2 console. It does not pertain to the SIC1 console. If you have an SIC1 console, please see related topic: Using a heart rate sensor with the Stages SIC1 console.
Stages bikes equipped with the Stages Indoor Cycling SIC2 console can pair with any ANT+ or Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) compatible heart rate sensor.
Pairing your heart rate sensor
Before pairing your heart rate sensor:
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to activate your ANT+ or Bluetooth compatible heart rate sensor.
- Secure the sensor directly against the skin.
- The sensor should be worn tight enough to stay in place.
Console button guide:
Use the RIDE and END buttons to scroll through the menu, and the STAGE button to select a menu item.
To pair your heart rate sensor with the Stages SIC2 console:
- Put the heart rate sensor on and position yourself near the console. You must be within 12 inches (30 centimeters) of the console to pair a heart rate sensor.
- Press any button to activate the console, then press the STAGE button to enter WARM UP mode. Note: the heart rate sensor can only pair to the console in WARM UP mode.
- The heart symbol will flash in the heart rate display, and the console will show heart rate data.
- After the heart rate sensor is paired to the console, the console will receive heart rate signals within an area encompassing all the the riding positions of the exercise bike.
- If the console has entered STAGE mode before pairing to the heart rate sensor, press END to end the ride, scroll to YES, then press STAGE to confirm. When the RESULTS screen appears press STAGE, scroll to YES, then press STAGE to restart the console. Repeat pairing steps 1 - 3 above.
Note: if you are using a mobile app such as StagesFlight mobile app or Wahoo Fitness app to track ride data, you may also pair your Bluetooth enabled heart rate sensor directly to your smartphone along with the bike's power meter. For more information on mobile apps compatible with Stages Power, see the article: Recording with fitness apps.
Help with heart rate sensors
- Bluetooth (BLE) sensors can often only pair with one device at a time. If your device is currently or has recently been paired to another device, such as a mobile app, try turning off the device or disabling its Bluetooth function.
- The heart rate sensor must be active and in use in order to pair with the console (during WARM UP mode only).
- Many heart rate sensors require the electrode contacts to be wet in order to pick up heart rate. Check you device's instructions to find out if this is necessary for your sensor.