TABLE OF CONTENTS
StagesBike will not show up in the pairing list in Zwift mobile apps. For desktop apps please see StagesBike not connecting to Mac or PC on Zwift
Zwift makes an application for most devices that you can buy:
- iPhone app
- Android phone app
- macOS app
- Windows app
- Apple TV app
Zwift uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) in all of these cases to search for devices that it can either control or get data from to make your connected device change resistance or your avatar move. Zwift can also use ANT+, which is another communication protocol, for the same purpose. You may want to visit Zwift's support page about troubleshooting BLE and ANT+ in association with this article.
The StagesBike should be available for 3 types of Data in Zwift:
Any time the StagesBike does not appear as one or any of these devices there are some things to check which this article will outline.
Before getting into the troubleshooting steps, make sure the following apply to you:
Each of the following sections describes steps to take to resolve the issue with Zwift, ultimately, we recommend that you connect to the StagesBike as all 3 data sources (Power, Cadence, and Controllable) which looks like this:
Power cycle the StagesBike
The first thing to do is unplug the power connector from the bottom of the bike:
Zwift also recommends you do the following at the start of any pairing issue:
- Turn off BLE on your device and then turn it back on again.
- Restart Zwift and try pairing again.
If you still do not see the StagesBike #### in the list of devices in Zwift, move on to the next section.
Check bluetooth permissions
Make sure Bluetooth is turned on and that Bluetooth permissions are allowed. This includes Location Services for Android devices. App permissions can be checked within your device's app settings.
Is the bike paired to another device?
Check any device that may be paired to the StagesBike. As of StagesBike firmware 1.9.0 (see release notes here) two different devices can be connected to the StagesBike at once. Make sure other family members who may have the StagesLink app are not currently connected to the bike.
Still not working?
Here are a few more things to check before determining you may have an issue that needs a support ticket to resolve:
Reset user settings on StagesBike
You can reset the bike settings, which are always saved in the Stages Link App and sent back to the bike on connection by following these steps:
- Disconnect all apps from the StagesBike (disabling bluetooth is the best way to make sure this is the case)
- Press and hold the 2 auxillary buttons on the shift hoods at the same time for 6 seconds
- Power cycle the bike again
- Retry searching for the bike with the PC or Mac
You can set the StagesBike to a mode where it will allow updating the firmware again:
- Delete the bike from your Stages Link app by tapping the trash can icon on the settings page for the smart bike
- Unplug the bike at the back leg
- Press and hold the top left shift button
- While holding, plug in the bike, release the shift button after a few seconds of the bike being plugged in
- The bike will power on and advertise as StagesBike DFU
- Use the Link app to pair to the bike the same way you would a new bike, this time tap the bike that says it is StagesBike DFU:
- Tapping on this device will prompt an update, select Ok:
- The app will load the latest firmware on the StagesBike. Then you can try to pair to the bike again.
If none of these troubleshooting tips resolved your issue, please contact email@example.com