TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before troubleshooting
- Still not working?
- Contact support
StagesBike will not show up in the pairing list in Zwift mobile apps. For desktop apps, please see StagesBike not connecting to Mac or PC on Zwift.
Zwift uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) (and sometimes ANT+) to search for devices that it can either control or get data from. You may want to visit Zwift's support page about troubleshooting BLE and ANT+ in association with this article.
The StagesBike should be available as 3 separate device types in Zwift:
Any time the StagesBike does not appear as one or any of these devices, you should follow the tips on this article to help locate a solution.
Before getting into the troubleshooting steps, make sure the following apply to you:
- StagesBike can be paired to the Stages Cycling app and firmware is up to date.
- StagesBike shows power in the Stages Cycling app sensors page and shows connected with a green link icon (if not, see Power not showing up in connected application).
- StagesBike resistance can be controlled using the buttons or brake levers.
- Bluetooth is enabled on the device you are using to run the Zwift app.
Each of the following sections describes steps to take to resolve the issue with Zwift. At the minimum, your StagesBike needs to be paired to Zwift as a controllable in order to function correctly. For the best performance in Zwift, we recommend you pair the bike and power meters as follows:
Power cycle the StagesBike
Unplug the power connector from the bottom of the bike:
On your device
- Turn off BLE on your device and then turn it back on again.
- Restart Zwift and try pairing again.
If you still do not see the StagesBike #### in the list of devices in Zwift, move on to the next section.
Check Bluetooth permissions
Make sure Bluetooth is turned on and that Bluetooth permissions are allowed. This includes Location Services for Android devices. App permissions can be checked within your device's app settings.
Is the bike paired to another device?
Check any device that may be paired to the StagesBike. As of StagesBike firmware 1.9.0, two different devices can be connected to the StagesBike at once. Make sure other family members who may have the Stages Cycling app are not currently connected to the bike.
Still not working?
Here are a few more things to check.
Reset user settings on StagesBike
You can reset the bike settings, which are always saved in the Stages Cycling app and sent back to the bike upon connection, by following these steps:
- Disconnect all apps from the StagesBike (or temporarily turn off Bluetooth on other devices).
- Press and hold the 2 auxiliary buttons on the shift hoods at the same time for 6 seconds.
- Power cycle the bike again.
- Retry searching for the bike.
By placing the StagesBike in DFU mode, you are able to reinstall the latest firmware.
- Delete the bike from your Stages Cycling app by tapping the menu icon and then the trashcan icon on the Stagesbike info page.
- Unplug the bike at the back leg.
- Press and hold the top left shift button.
- While holding, plug in the bike, release the shift button after a few seconds of the bike being plugged in
- The bike will power on and advertise as StagesBike DFU.
- Use the Stages Cycling app to pair to the bike the same way you would a new bike, but this time tap the bike that says it is StagesBike-DFU:
- Tapping on this device will prompt an update. Select Update:
- The app will load the latest firmware on the StagesBike.
- Repeat the pairing process.
If none of these troubleshooting tips resolved your issue, please submit a new ticket.